Wednesday, March 28, 2018
Women, Pioneers and Whistleblowers
Women are pioneering the world of security and defining new ways to protect themselves. The world is changing and the feeling of privacy and safety along with it. Inspirational women are taking back the power to ensure other women can feel the same sense of security in their life. Here are some of the women and businesses making a difference, pushing the boundaries of the status quo and blowing the whistle on injustice.
1. Women make up half of the workforce, while they still shockingly only make up about 11% of cybersecurity jobs but that doesn’t stop them from seizing the opportunity to take on a high-profile role in the industry. Why are there still so few of them? Today women are continuing to push for progress in the male dominated field and represent a mix of researchers, chief information security officers, executives, and top government cyber security leaders. Women are making an impact all over the world in cybersecurity by empowering women with a Voice, Vision and Innovation. IBM hosts a global cyber day for girls every year to educate women of all ages about what cybersecurity is, how it’s rapidly affecting our world and what women can do to help change it. #IBMCyberDay4Girls
2. Hyphen-Labs is a young women of color collective made up of scientists, architects, engineers and designers from around the world who’ve brought fashion to the forefront of surveillance. The line was designed to protect those wearing it—focusing on women of color. The idea behind the body worn technology is to empower and protect women in the field, whether they’re activists, whistleblowers or just living their everyday life. Security is important, our identity is important. The prototype fashion wearables debuted at the 2017 South by Southwest Conference.
Some of the pieces highlighted were a pair of oversized “door knocker” earrings with hidden cameras and microphones used to record during any kind of altercation or unwanted interaction at the touch of a button.
The sun visor was made with reflective material to deflect any unwanted gazes and to protect the identity of the person wearing it.
The most innovative body worn counter surveillance piece was the pink and purple silk scarf. Hyphen-Labs partnered with Adam Harvey, an American artist living in Berlin to bring the HyperFace Scarf to life which camouflages the wearer from facial recognition software, the kind used by social media, online retailers, law enforcement and the military. The scarf’s fabric is designed with 1,200 pixelated faces meant to mislead computer algorithms.
|Hyphen-Labs | NSAF|
The scarf was designed for women activists during protests. With enough people wearing it, it could break the system. Adam is now working with the collective to bring forth more innovative covert designs. Unfortunately, all of these products are prototypes and not out on the market, but we look forward to their fashionable body-worn counter surveillance gear.
Hyphen-Labs | NSAF | Adam Harvey
3. More than ever women are standing up and fighting for what’s right in the world we live in. Whistleblowing can be life-changing, life-defining and comes with a great personal risk for the individual, so know your rights. We have seen heroic whistleblowers wearing hidden cameras to uncover the dark truths of this world like sexual harassment in the #metoo movement. By sharing their story and speaking up, they are exposing the cultural bias that will change our society - and hopefully for the better.
With a female executive at the helm, KJB Security salutes women who have pushed boundaries to increase safety for everyone. We may not be on the front line with these women but we can certainly be counted on to provide reliable covert surveillance equipment to help them make an impact.
Thursday, February 15, 2018
Love Lost: KJB Security’s Guide To Catching A Cheating Spouse Guide
The partner you pledged your love to all those years ago is working late...again. You have this uncomfortable feeling deep inside that you don’t want to admit could be true. Unfortunately, the intuition that your spouse may be cheating is something you should pay attention to.
Adultery, affair, cheating, infidelity… there are many ways we label this sad and often devastating relationship situation. It’s still a common occurrence in the US and around the world. According to this Business Insider article
, in a 2015 study
published in the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, university students estimated
that the average person of the opposite sex has about a 42% chance of cheating on their partner.
Many people have been down this powerless and scary path. It’s time to take back your power. We believe you can feel more empowered and informed by using a few security devices to uncover the truth, move through the process and safely into your next steps
Here are some security solutions to help you determine if your gut feeling is true, to help you heal and move forward in your new single life… securely.
SG Home hidden cameras can help you confirm that gut feeling you’ve had for a while. Our hidden cameras fit right into the surroundings of your home, business or vehicle. Here are a few we recommend:
Our DVR Car Charger Hidden Camera
is the perfect device for covert surveillance in your vehicle.
Give your cheating spouse a new plant for the office. With this unsuspecting plant camera
, they will never guess that someone is watching from miles away. This camera is fully equipped with our SG Home Wi-Fi camera system and uses our free SG Home App. Get alerts if the camera senses any activity or you can watch live video on your phone or tablet anytime you need to check in.
The idea that your spouse may be doing the deed in your own home is unthinkable. But unfortunately, it happens. That’s where our best selling SG Home smoke detector with Wi-Fi
can come in handy in your quest for confirmation. Using the SG Home free app and Wi-Fi you can virtually access live video from anywhere on your smartphone or tablet.
Suspect you’re being watched?
Once you’ve determined you don’t want to be in a relationship with someone who cheats, the process to detangle begins. The divorce process can get messy and bring about levels of distrust you’ve never seen before. In fact, YOU could become the one who’s being monitored. KJB Security has DIY and professional level counter-detection devices to help you determine if this is happening. Here are a couple we recommend:
Camera Finder with RF Detector
- Need to find a hidden camera? This easy-to-use and inexpensive little spy finder device will do the job.
iProtect RF Wireless Signal Detector Wand
- This detection wand easily fits in your hand to conceal action while sweeping for bugs of different types. Use this handy device for more sophisticated DIY detection.
Tools for Collecting evidence
Our Super Slim Pen Voice Recorder
can come in handy (in many ways) when building your case against a cheating spouse. The world's slimmest pen voice recorder comes with a secret activation switch and a very sensitive internal microphone to capture even the faintest of sounds. Use the voice recorder pen to take notes in meetings with attorneys, save your friend’s advice or to make notes to yourself when needed. We’re sure you can come up with even more ways to use this handy covert digital voice recording pen.
Staying safe on the other side of relationship
You’ve finalized your permanent separation or divorce from your cheating spouse or partner and are now learning how to do life alone again… at least for a while. You’re determined to heal and find happiness before taking the leap into another relationship.
Living alone can be a scary thought, especially if you’ve found yourself with the solo task of keeping your children safe. We have a few products to recommend for this time in your life. These products can give you the peace of mind and additional layer of security so you can relax and enjoy your new independent life.
Wi-Fi Smart Home Doorbell Camera
- So you and/ or your children will never open the door to a stranger again.
DIY Smart Home Kit
- Super quick and easy to set up, this smart-home kit is the perfect cost-effective security solution for your new home, apartment or condo. There are no monthly alarm monitoring fees as you can self-monitor with app notifications on your smartphone or tablet.
We hope these ideas will help you feel more empowered in your journey through the pain of infidelity and on the other side. We’re here to help you take back the power and securely find your way to happiness and healing on the other side! Let us know
if you need any help finding the products mentioned above!